Ste Elizabeth Ghost Town
Located right on the border of the rural municipalities of Montcalm and De Salaberry lies the ghost town of Ste Elizabeth. The town was founded by French settlers in 1901. Two decades later in 1924 and 1925 Mennonites immigrated here from Russia to escape religious persecution.
All that remains now is two abandoned houses and the old church. The church is still maintained and used once a year. While the majority of the church still looks pristine the church basement, which is blocked off, currently has a foot water sitting in it.
Information about the history of the town is scarce. The church has several original hand written documents about the town posted on its interior walls, but the majority of them are in French. Je ne parle pas Francais.